A rich and creamy Roasted Garlic hummus with marinated red peppers and Rosemary that is packed with flavor, healthy and nutritious. It is perfect for snacking and finger foods.
Happy Sunday to you all! This month’s Recipe Redux is all about small bites and finger foods. Graduations, bridal and baby showers, or just a romantic picnic are the perfect times to enjoy sampling small bites and trying out different flavors.
So instead of opting for a store-bought hummus which can sometimes have added ingredients that you may not want, why not throw together this simple but healthy homemade hummus.
Hummus is so versatile, which is why I love it. You can choose to make it any way you like by adding various toppings and or by mixing in various vegetables and herbs. Most of all its healthy and you are using your own fresh ingredients.
Here, I sliced up two warm pitas into bite sized wedges to make it easier for dipping and snacking. You can also use fresh vegetables cut into bite sized pieces, like carrots, celery and cucumbers, just to name a few.
For the final touch, I added chopped red peppers that were marinated in olive oil and a sprinkle of dried rosemary leaves. It was absolutely delicious, so feel free to get creative and see what other tasty variations you come up with. Enjoy!
- 1½ cups chickpeas or 1 can (drained and rinsed)
- ½ roasted garlic or 6-7 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice or 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper - to taste
- 3 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water for extra creaminess
- 2 to 3 tablespoons marinated red peppers in olive oil-chopped and topped on the hummus
- A sprinkle of dried or fresh rosemary
- In a large food processor add the chickpeas, garlic tahini, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper
- Cover and begin processing
- Drizzle in 3 tbsp avocado oil while the processor is in motion
- Stop periodically to scrape down sides as needed
- Add water in increments until desired creamy texture is reached
- Garnish with chopped marinated red peppers, olive oil and fresh or dried rosemary
- Serve and enjoy in a sandwich, with vegetables, pita wedges, crackers or salads
If you need more inspiration for your upcoming party or celebration, check out all of our ReDuxers for more small bites and finger food ideas below.