Hello everyone. In keeping with the Memorial day spirit my post today is on these scrumptious Quinoa Salad Boats. What a healthy way to jazz up plain romaine lettuce leaves and they are so easy to make.
The filling can be made ahead of time to reduce the time spent in the kitchen. The vegetable quinoa salad filling for this recipe comes from one of my most recent blog post found here.
These salad boats are light, low in fat, calories and carbs. The quinoa filling makes for a nutritious, healthy option when serving as appetizers, snacks or lunch. It’s gluten and grain- free and it is an excellent source of protein.
The quinoa salad is already dressed with salad dressing so there’s no extra work required. You can double or triple the recipe to make as many as you need. You can also create your own quinoa salad variations or maybe top it with grilled chicken slices for guests who eat meat.
The idea is to be creative and festive with the foods you already have on hand, and minimize your stay in the kitchen so you have more time spent with family and friends.
I wish you all a happy and safe Memorial day and weekend.
- Vegetable Quinoa Salad recipe
- 1 Romaine heart
- Prepare Vegetable Quinoa Salad recipe ahead of time and allow time to chill in refrigerator
- Remove the largest leaves from the romaine heart
- Wash/ rinse leaves to remove any sand or debris
- Blot/ pat dry to remove excess water
- Fill each leaf with the vegetable quinoa salad mixture
- Plate and serve
The Vegetable Quinoa Salad recipe- offers cook and prep times