Hello my friends. I hope you are enjoying this gorgeous day so far. Ever so often you need a soothing tea. Whether it is warm you up on a cool, damp night or a pick me up during the day or just to settle a restless tummy. A nice warm cup of soothing tea often seems to do just the trick.
This orange ginger mint tea is the perfect solution for those moments. Infused with the fresh ripe flavors of orange, the warming spice flavors of cinnamon, ginger, anise and allspice and the subtle, yet aromatic flavor of mint makes this tea relaxing, soothing and entices the senses. The flavor bouquet of this tea blossoms the longer it steeps.
Various research has shown that these amazing spices, herbs and fruits offer a wide variety of health benefits from anti-inflamatory, antioxidants and antibacterial properties to relieving stomach irritations, nausea, headaches, lowering blood sugar and blood pressure. It’s no wonder that you feel so good after a cup of tea infused with fruit, herbs and spices.
So let’s get down to making this tea.Start by bringing 32 oz of water to a boil. Using the peel of 1/4 of an orange, remove the white inner flesh from the skin. This is the bitter part of the orange. Cut the peel into 4 strips and set aside.Set aside a cinnamon stick, allspice seeds, ginger, star anise and mint leaves. When the water comes to a rolling boil add the reserved ingredients along with the orange peel. Steep for 20 mins or longer for a full-bodied tea. Pour tea into an 8 oz cup, sweeten and garnish with a thin slice of orange and a mint leaf. You can use your favorite sweetener such as agave or you can choose to enjoy this beautiful and soothing tea without adding a sweetener.
I hope you enjoy this tea and much as I do.
- 32 oz Water
- ½ orange- reserve 1 thin slice and ¼ of the peel
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 4 Allspice seeds
- 2 Star Anise
- ½ tsp Ginger
- 3 sprigs fresh Mint leaves
- Agave or desired sweetener (optional)
- Brings 32 oz of water to a rolling boil
- Use the peel of ¼ of an orange - remove the white inner flesh from the skin
- Cut the peel into 4 strips and set aside
- Set aside cinnamon stick, allspice seeds, ginger, star anise and mint leaves
- When water comes to a rolling boil, add the reserved ingredients along with the orange peel
- Steep for 20 mins or longer
- Pour into an 8 oz cup and sweeten with agave or your favorite sweetener (optional)
- Garnish with a thin slice of orange and a mint leaf