These gorgeous vegetables are paired with couscous and beans for a healthy, light and satisfying summer meal. The flavors come together nicely and the beans and couscous adds to the heartiness of the dish.
This is a complete meal as it provides, protein, carbohydrates, vegetables and healthy fats. You can prep the ingredients ahead of time so that its even easier to put together after a long day.
You may have noticed that I’ve been missing in action recently with my posts, but due to work related matters beyond my control 🙁 it could not be helped.
I’m trying to get back on track with posting regularly so I hope you continue to visit the blog. I am truly grateful to my loyal readers who continue to check out the blog and the recipes daily. Thank you so much it means a lot. ❤️
So lets start this dish by preparing the couscous according to your package directions. Once the couscous is cooked allow it to cool and set aside. In the meantime you can prepare the remaining ingredients.
In a large heated pan or wok add oil. Next add the diced onions and garlic and saute for 1-2 mins until tender and fragrant.
Add beans and mixed vegetables and saute for 3-4 mins, tossing well to mix the ingredients together.
Add the reserved couscous, squash, zucchini and seasonings toss and mix together well. Cook for 3-4 min.
Add the collard greens and the reserved juice from the lemon, toss to combine and remove from heat. The collard green will wilt down nicely but it wont be overcooked.
- 2 cups Israeli or pearled couscous
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1½ cups cooked kidney beans or 1 can drained and rinsed
- 2 cups organic mixed vegetables
- 2 small yellow squash - cubed
- 1 medium zucchini - cubed
- 3½ cups chopped collard greens
- 1 tsp organic no salt seasoning
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- 1 lemon - squeezed (juice reserved)
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, cool and set aside.
- In a large heated pan or wok add oil
- Add diced onions and garlic
- Add beans and mixed vegetables and saute for 3-4 mins
- Add couscous, squash, zucchini and seasonings toss and mix together well
- Add collard greens and the juice of lemon, toss to combine and remove from heat
- Garnish with sprigs of basil or parsley