This hearty and savory dish combines beautiful tender red potatoes with kolrabi and red and white radishes seasoned with lots of herbs and spices to bring out their flavors.
The butter sauce takes this dish up a notch with the combined flavors of fennel and garlic scapes in a vegan butter sauce.
This dish makes use of all of your summer’s bounty and the combined flavors really make for tasty yet satisfying meal. The cooking time is a little over an hour, but it is well worth it for this meal.
Place in the oven and cook for 48 – 50 min or until tender.
In a heated saucepan add oil and add garlic scapes and sauté until fragrant.
Remove from heat and set aside until potatoes and vegetables are roasted.
Once the potatoes and vegetables are cooked, remove from the oven and dress with the fennel butter sauce. Toss to combine.
You can use some of the reserved fennel fronds to dress your dish.
Serve and enjoy.
What is your favorite way to use your extra summer vegetables? Feel free to leave a comment below.
- 20 radishes - halved or quartered
- 1 medium kohlrabi - cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 large white radishes - halved and quartered
- 6 red organic potatoes with skin - halved and quartered
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp white vinegar or Apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp organic no salt seasoning
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- ½ tsp rosemary leaves - crushed
- ½ cup water or broth
- 1 medium fennel - chopped
- 1 garlic scape - chopped
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp avocado oil for sautéing
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Prepare vegetables and potatoes
- Season and drizzle with oil and vinegar
- Use your hands to coat the vegetables and potatoes
- Cook in oven for 48 - 50 min
- In a heated saucepan add oil
- Add garlic scapes and sauté until fragrant
- Add fennel and sauté 4 - 5 min
- Season with salt and pepper - to taste
- Add water or broth and cover
- Cook until tender
- Add butter and 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Allow butter to gently melt and mix together with balsamic and cooked ingredients.
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Once potatoes and vegetables are cooked
- Remove from oven and dress with the fennel butter sauce
- Serve and enjoy