Do you ever wish that you can have a healthy snack option when you have a craving for something sweet.
Well, these fruit and nut treats are perfect for those times. Why not have a treat where you know what the ingredients are versus one with complex or hard to understand ingredients.
These Fruit & Nut Treats don’t last very long in my house. They are great to satisfy a sweet craving or can be served as an after dinner dessert or snack.
These treats come together in minutes and most of all they are not complicated to make. You can get really creative with them. Try adding or substituting other dried fruits, nuts or even a protein powder. Get creative with them, you won’t be disappointed.
- ½ cup Raisins
- ½ cup Cranberries
- ½ cup Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Vegan Carob chips (I use Sunspire)
- 2 tbsp Flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp Oats
- 1 tbsp Cacao nibs
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence (optional)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Allspice
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until a ball begins to form in the processor.
- On a flat surface, place a sheet of waxed paper and pour the mixture onto the paper
- Place another sheet of wax paper on top of the mixture and press down to form a mold
- Using a rolling pin or your hands, flatten the mold to your desired thickness and shape
- Remove the wax paper on top and cut the mold into bars
- Serve & enjoy
Can be stored in the refrigerator for a firmer bar.