Hey guys, I apologize for today’s late post. I’m still trying to get this blogging thing together. I ended up losing my original post for today, but life happens and life goes on 🙂 So instead, I’m sharing this delicious and healthy lunch wrap.
This Collard Greens wrap is loaded with vitamins K, A, C, B2, B6, Calcium, Manganese and fiber just to name a few. The beauty about collard wraps is that they are sturdy and they hold together quite well, providing they are wrapped well of course.
They are gluten-free, grain-free and perfect if you just want a light lunch or snack. The flavors of the wrap and the dressing also go really well together giving you a win- win situation all around.
So let us put this wrap together. We start with fresh large collard greens leaves (sounds funny saying that). Wash leaves well to remove any debris. Remove the thick stems with a sharp knife.
Layer each leaf with some of your favorite homemade hummus or store bought hummus. Top the leaves with carrots, cucumbers and tuna and dress with a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper to taste.
Now folding can be a bit tricky. Start at the largest part of the wrap and carefully fold in and roll until the ends of the leaf are tucked in securely. You can also use a cute toothpick to hold them together.
Finally, cut the collard wrap in half before serving. The dressing is made by placing all the dressing ingredients into a small bowl, whisk generously and pour into a bowl suitable for dipping. Now your lunch is complete. Enjoy.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Please share your thoughts in the comments below.
- 3 large Collard Greens leaves
- 1 can of Tuna drained or 1 tuna steak chopped and cooked
- 1 med Carrot- spiraled or Julianne
- 1 small Cucumber- spiraled or Julianne
- ½ Red onion- sliced in rings
- ½ Lemon
- Homemade Hummus or your favorite brand of Hummus
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
- 1 tbsp Sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp Tamari soy sauce
- 3 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Honey
- ½ tsp yellow mustard or Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp Ginger powder
- ¼ tsp Sesame seeds- toasted
- Wash 3 large collard leaves and remove stems
- Spread a layer of your favorite or homemade hummus on the leaves
- Top with carrots, cucumbers and tuna
- Dress with a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper to taste
- Start at the largest part of the wrap
- Carefully fold in and roll until the ends of the leaf are tucked in
- Cut wrap in half for serving
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl
- Whisk ingredients together until combined and serve
The time needed to make homemade hummus or
The time needed if using fresh tuna steaks.
Have you made Collard wraps before and what have you filled it with?