I absolutely love healthy stir fry recipes. They are easy to make and come together quickly. The key is to have all your ingredients prepared and on hand prior to starting the stir fry.
The process moves very quickly so you will want to have everything within hands reach so nothing is burned or overcooked.
This Black Bean Noodle and Vegetable Stir Fry uses my favorite noodles. It is a black bean noodle produced by Explore Asian Authentic Cuisine, that is gluten-free, USDA Certified Organic, Kosher and Vegan. It is rich in dietary fibers, protein and iron. I usually purchase it at Costco but it can also be found online from various retailers.
Wash and cut the yellow and red peppers, remove the seeds, Julienne and set aside. Drain 1 can of chickpeas or 1 1/2 cups of cooked chickpeas set aside. Thaw and set aside 1 cup of frozen edamame or you can use fresh edamame removed from the shells.
Next, bring 8 cups of water to boil. Add the black bean noodles and simmer gently for 7- 8 mins or according to the package instructions. At the 4 min mark, add Julienne or spiraled carrots and allow to simmer for 3 mins. Promptly drain the noodles and carrots and set aside.
While the noodles are boiling prepare the vegetable stir fry.
Add noodles and carrots. Add tamari gluten-free soy sauce and stir fry for an additional 3 mins. Top with sesame seeds.Serve hot and enjoy. I hope you love this simple, yet nutritious and delicious recipe as much as I do.
- 8 oz Black Bean Spaghetti shaped noodles
- 8 cups Water
- 1 can Chick peas (1½ cups cooked)
- 1 med carrot Julienne or spiraled
- 1 med Sweet yellow pepper Julienne
- 1 med Red pepper Julienne
- 1 cup Edamame
- 2 cloves Garlic- chopped
- 1 tbsp Sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp Tamari gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- Salt & pepper- to taste
- Chop, cut and julienne all vegetables- set aside
- Chop garlic- set aside
- Drain 1 can of beans or use 1½ cups cooked beans- set aside
- Boil black bean noodles according to package directions or:
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil
- Add noodles and simmer gently for 7- 8 mins
- At the 4 min mark- add carrots and allow to simmer for 3 min
- Promptly drain noodles and carrots set aside
- Heat a large pan and add sesame seed oil
- Add chopped garlic and quickly stir fry for a few seconds
- Add chick peas, edamame and peppers and stir fry until tender or approx 5 mins
- Add noodles and carrots
- Add tamari soy sauce and stir fry for an additional 3 mins
- Top with sesame seeds
- Serve and enjoy
Disclosure Statement: I am not affiliated with, or received payment for statements related to any products listed in my blogs. However, the links in this post contain affiliate product links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link. All statements and opinions are my own.
Have you tried Black Bean Noodles? What is your favorite way to enjoy them?