I mentioned previously how much I love pesto. I love adding it to my salads as a dressing, rice or quinoa just to name a few. It can truly jazz up an otherwise plain dish.
Today, I’ve combined my two favorite vegetables in this artichoke and spinach pesto. Did you know that artichokes are high in dietary fiber in comparison to other foods? It’s true.
Spinach, on the other hand is just as amazing and offers many health benefits. Spinach is high in vitamin K, which plays a role in maintaining bone health. It also has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer benefits according to The World’s Healthiest Foods website.
Paired with these amazing homemade herbed multi-seed chickpea crackers, you just can’t go wrong. They are baked, light and full of flavor from the various herbs and seeds. I hope you give this recipe a try. You won’t regret it.
What vegetables have you used to make pesto?
- 1 cup Artichoke hearts- drained
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese- grated
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- Place all the listed ingredients in a food processor
- Reserve 1 tbsp of avocado oil to drizzle in while blending
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed
- When pesto is smooth and creamy, place in a bowl and drizzle with remaining avocado oil.